Monday 5 July 2010

Karen.....stilt walking, green screen filming, and first to hear Hayleigh's new song

Hi everyone. The activities are continuing to run well and I am really impressed to see the progress people are making. 
In the Barracudas stilt group, many of the young people have now progressed onto medium sized stilts, which makes me feel even shorter! There are also some new young people who have started their stilt walking journey. Anyone who fancies a go is more than welcome to join. Although I am nowhere near brave enough to get up on them myself, I have learnt how to tie up the stilts, and feel quite proud of my achievements.


[Check out Barracudas website for more information: http://www.barracudas.org.uk/ or ring 01229 812036]


I was recently involved in the workshops held by Signal films. These were to give young people a chance to try out some different aspects of filming and media and to give a taste of what is happening in their summer project. I had a great time learning about animation, green screen filming and creating a magazine cover. I met some amazing young people who had great ideas. I think we may have some budding future media stars. It was immense fun doing the workshops and meeting all the staff and young people ... I look forward to doing more in the summer.

[To hear what else is on offer at Signal Films this summer, ring May on 01229 839983 or e-mail her at may@signalfilms.co.uk]

I have also been blown away by the growing musical talent being shown in The Relics music sessions.

The following is a song written by Hayleigh Coombs, aged 12. Hayleigh attended the Inspiring Communities launch event in April and has since become involved in both the Relics music session and Barracudas as a dancer. This song was written entirely by Hayleigh in the music session on Tuesday 29th June 2010.

Book of Fairground

V.1
La la la


I stand there looking around
There was a lot of sound
The pound of the drum in my heart

Chorus

Fairground, fairground
We are looking up and down
Fairground, fairground
Stop and looking at you

V.2
Power and the thunder has come
Power and the thunder is around the corner

Chorus

Fairground, fairground
We are looking up and down
Fairground, fairground
Stop and looking at you


To join in at The Relics music sessions contact Paul Bibby on: 01229 835608 or 07874 649200.

No comments:

Post a Comment